FAQ: Everything You Need To Know!
What is your check-in and check-out time?
- Check-in is at 4:00pm and check-out is at 9:00am. Please adhere to our scheduled times as we are known for paying attention to detail and strive to provide impeccably clean cabins for you to enjoy.
Do I need to bring sheets?
- No, you do not need to bring your own sheets. Sheets and pillows are provided in all rentals.
Do I need to bring blankets/comforters and kitchen/bath towels?
- Yes, due to Covid-19 we are asking guests to bring their own blankets/comforters and kitchen/bath towels in all rental units (cabins, villas and the Bay View Lodge).
What is included in your cabin, villa and lodge rental?
- All kitchens are fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. Appliances include a refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. Crock pots are available upon request. All rentals include, dish soap, pot holders, coffee filters, garbage bags, and toilet paper.
Does the resort have Wi-Fi?
- Yes, there is Wi-Fi throughout the resort.
Do you have A/C and TV’s in the rentals?
- Cabin rentals: No, they do not have A/C or TV’s. However, all remodeled cabins have ceiling fans in the bedrooms and living/dining room area. There are also box fans in each of the cabins.
- Villas and Bay View Lodge rentals: Yes, they have A/C and TV’s.
Do the rentals come with a grill and a balcony/deck with patio chairs?
- Yes, all of our cabins include a charcoal grill and a deck with patio chairs. Please remember to bring charcoal. The Villas and the Bay View Lodge have a gas grill and a balcony/deck with patio chairs.
Do you have a laundry facility at the resort?
- No, there is not a laundry facility at the resort. There is a laundry facility in International Falls which is 30 miles from the resort.
Where is the closest grocery store?
- Depending on where you are coming from there is a Super One and Natural Harvest Food Co-op located in Virginia, MN (1 hour from the resort). International Falls has a Super One and County Market Grocery Store (30 minutes from the resort).
Are there restaurants in the area?
- Rocky Ledge is 1/4 of a mile from the resort. There are other restaurants and bars in the area less than a few miles away by car or boat. Please ask staff for their favorites!
Where is the closest airport?
- The nearest airport is the Falls International Airport which is 30 minutes from the resort in International Falls.
Can I bring my own firewood?
- No, the Minnesota DNR has restrictions on bringing your own firewood due to the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) and many other forest pests and diseases that can be accidentally transported in firewood. You can purchase local firewood at our dock house or at the Gateway Convenience Store which is located a few miles from the resort.
Do you have fish cleaning and packaging available?
- Yes, we have 2 full-time dock attendants to clean and package your fish and assist you with docking your boat in our protected harbor.
Do you sell fishing licenses at your resort?
- No, we do not sell fishing licenses at our resort. You can purchase them at Gateway Convenience Store located a few miles from the resort or you can purchase them via the Minnesota DNR website http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html.
Can I bring a Jet Ski?
- No, Jet Skis are prohibited in Voyageur National Park.
Do you have kayaks and a paddle boat at the resort?
- Yes, we have kayaks and a paddle boat for to use by our beach area. There is also an Aquaglide Trampoline for guest use at the resort. We also have life jackets available for guest use. There are businesses that rent kayaks and canoes that are located within a few miles from the resort.
How far is the Kabetogama Lake Visitor Center?
- Voyageurs National Park’s Kabetogama Visitor Center is located 1/4 of a mile from the resort.