FAQ: Everything You Need To Know!
What is your check-in and check-out time and what type of payment do you accept?
- Check-in is at 4:00pm and check-out is at 9:00am. We need ALL guests to adhere to our scheduled times as we are known for paying attention to detail and strive to provide impeccably clean cabins for you to enjoy.
- Methods of Payment: We accept cash, checks and credit cards. There is a 3.5% convenience fee for all credit cards.
Do I need to bring bedding (pillows, sheets, blankets, comforters)?
- No. You do not need to bring your own bedding. Pillows, sheets, blankets, and comforters are provided in all rental units (cabins, villas, and Bay View Lodge).
- Yes: If you are bringing a pet in a cabin, you will need to bring your own blankets/comforters. Sheets, pillows, and pillowcases will be provided
Do I need to bring kitchen towels and bath towels?
- Yes. Cabins: bring kitchen towels and bath towels.
- No. Villas and Bay View Lodge: kitchen towels and bath towels are provided.
What is included in your cabin, villa and lodge rental?
- All kitchens are fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. Appliances include a refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. Crock pots are available upon request. All rentals include, dish soap, pot holders, coffee filters, garbage bags, and toilet paper.
Does the resort have Wi-Fi?
- Yes, there is Wi-Fi throughout the resort.
Do you have A/C and TV’s in the rentals?
- Cabin rentals: No, our cabins do not have A/C or TV’s (except Whitetail & Spruce Cabins have A/C). However, the remodeled cabins have ceiling fans in the bedrooms and living/dining room area. There are also fans in each of the cabins. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the resort.
*Note: Balsam does not have ceiling fans in the bedrooms.
- Villas and Bay View Lodge rentals: Yes, they have A/C and TV’s.
Do the rentals come with a grill and a balcony/deck with patio chairs?
- Yes, all of our cabins include a charcoal grill and a deck with patio chairs. Please remember to bring charcoal. The Villas and the Bay View Lodge have a gas grill and a balcony/deck with patio chairs.
Do you have a laundry facility at the resort?
- No, there is not a laundry facility at the resort. There is a laundry facility in International Falls which is 30 miles from the resort.
Where is the closest grocery store?
- Depending on where you are coming from there is a Super One and Natural Harvest Food Co-op located in Virginia, MN (1 hour from the resort). International Falls has a Super One and County Market Grocery Store (30 minutes from the resort).
Are there restaurants in the area?
- Rocky Ledge is 1/4 of a mile from the resort. There are other restaurants and bars in the area less than a few miles away by car or boat. Please ask staff for their favorites!
Where is the closest airport?
- The nearest airport is the Falls International Airport which is 30 minutes from the resort in International Falls.
Can I bring my own firewood?
- No, the Minnesota DNR has restrictions on bringing your own firewood due to the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) and many other forest pests and diseases that can be accidentally transported in firewood. We do not sell firewood at the resort. You can purchase local firewood at the Gateway Convenience Store which is located a few miles from the resort.
Do you have fish cleaning and packaging available and where can I launch my boat and park my trailer?
- Yes, we have 2 full-time dock attendants to clean and package your fish and assist you with docking your boat in our protected harbor.
- We do not have a boat launch at Harmony Beach Resort. You can launch your boat at the Voyageurs National Park boat landing which is located 1/4 of a mile from the resort. Please park your trailer in our trailer parking area near our green dumpster at the top of the hill. Just take the 1st left which is 100 yards east of our driveway.
Do you sell fishing licenses at your resort and do you sell gas, bait, and ice?
- No, we do not sell fishing licenses at our resort. You can purchase them at Gateway Convenience Store located a few miles from the resort or you can purchase them via the Minnesota DNR website http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html.
- Yes, we do sell premium gas, bait (leeches, minnows, crawler), and ice at the dock house.
Can I bring a Jet Ski?
- No, Jet Skis are prohibited in Voyageur National Park.
Do you have kayaks and a paddle boat at the resort?
- Yes, we have kayaks and a paddle boat for guests to use by the resort. There is also an Aquaglide Trampoline for guest use. We also have life jackets available for guest use. Gateway Convenience Store rents kayaks and canoes if you want to be more adventurous. Gateway is located within a few miles from the resort.
How far is the Kabetogama Lake Visitor Center?
- Voyageurs National Park’s Kabetogama Visitor Center is located 1/4 of a mile from the resort.